October 24, 2010

Blinded Me With Science...

What are some of your chemical mishaps?  From LSD to WD-40; from Crazy Glue stickage to Clorox spillage, let's hear your stories...!




Blinded Me With Science

12 comments:

  1. On one Sunday morning, something in my room broke. I decided to fix it instead of getting dressed to go to church. I successfully repaired the item, but wasn’t so lucky with the Super Glue. Let me tell when the tube says “do not come in contact with skin,” they mean it. When I went to put away the glue, it was stuck to my thumb. My father was pissed and had no sympathy for me. Needless to say, I went to church with a tube of Super Glue on my thumb. And I worked it for all it was worth. I went through the entire service holding my thumb up. Talk about a conversation piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My own chemical mishap occurred at my first on only free Reggae concert in the park. Let me just say that second-hand smoke is not solely relegated to cigarettes. Damn that was a great concert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm: My late great-aunt (bless her sweet heart) once confused vanilla extract with turpentine. The first questions is, why in the hell was the turpentine in the kitchen cabinet and the second question, is there any wonder why my mom forbade us from eating anything over there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @HB2 When you say, 'late'...do you mean it was her cooking that did her in?

    ReplyDelete
  5. at 15, I had ONE zit. I rubbed just a little teensy bit of some of that stuff like Clearasil or something like that on. It took like a layer of skin off of my face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Better living is through chemistry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shhhhhh......where do I start? Oh, I know...my FIRST PERM. My uncle had just received his Cosmetologist license and my mom had the bright idea to let him basically experiment on ME! The application went without a hitch...or so we thought, but two weeks later--I was watching my hair fall all the way OUT! That was the LAST thing I needed to experience in the 9th grade. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well...this isn't chemical so much as it is just plain goofy. I had some fried chicken that I put hot sauce on. Unfortunately, I rubbed my eye before I wiped all the hot sauce off. Let's just say, that's a rather uncomfortable feeling to have your eyeball on fire. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thomas FortinOctober 26, 2010

    I nearly passed out 2 weeks ago when I combined bleach and 409 while cleaning the bathtub.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cleaning the bathtub when I was about 13 or 14 with amonia and comet. I took one whiff and started gasping for air. Tears were rolling down my cheeks and my chest was on fire. I thought I was dying. Learned an invaluable lesson about mixing or rather the importance of not mixing chemicals.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cleaning the bathtub when I was about 13 or 14 with amonia and comet. I took one whiff and started gasping for air. Tears were rolling down my cheeks and my chest was on fire. I thought I was dying. Learned an invaluable lesson about mixing or rather the importance of not mixing chemicals.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shhhhhh......where do I start? Oh, I know...my FIRST PERM. My uncle had just received his Cosmetologist license and my mom had the bright idea to let him basically experiment on ME! The application went without a hitch...or so we thought, but two weeks later--I was watching my hair fall all the way OUT! That was the LAST thing I needed to experience in the 9th grade. :-(

    ReplyDelete

So, what's your take on this? Oh c'mon, share a little!